Monday 3 January 2011

Sunday 2nd January 2012 - Good run

Went out this afternoon at about 2.30pm.
The weather is turning cold again, about -1 when I was running.
No set run planned, so I went exploring, a bit like yesterdays run.
Headed in the same general direction as yesterday.
On the flat I felt good, uphills were more difficult, achey legs after a few big ish runs.
Where it was boggy yesterday, ice had formed making running easier, but trickier.
After scouting around for a bit I crossed the stream (see below) and headed up.
At the top, the views were great, right back into the valley where I intended doing a few steady hill reps, up and down the valley wall on the right hand side.

At the top of the climb I took the usual path out towards Hog Lowe Pike.
When out on the moorland, the running was pretty tough today, the ground was a mixture of bog and ice and the tusocky grass was everywhere.
A quickish run took me to the top of the Pike.
From here I dropped right off into the valley and followed the path taking me parallel to the reservoirs.
I followed this at a quick pace until the climb to the chimney.
That was hard going!
Back down and along the same path.
I thought about adding another climb in, but my legs were beginning to complain!
A steady climb out took me to the ruined farm house next to the edge of the wood.
Again great views from here.
You can make out the tussocky grass in the fore ground that made some of the running tricky.
Dropping out of the valley and back up the other side was good and the last climb up the height of the road was quick.
A last blast back to the car.
Watch says - 70 mins, Avg HR 144, Max HR 161, Cals, 873.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -