Sunday 23 January 2011

Saturday 22nd Jan - Nearly got to Peel Tower

The plan was to run to Peel Tower and back today.
However I set off for the run too late so shortened the run to Bull Hill and back, works out to be a 10 mile run rather than a 15 mile run.
Set off at 2.30pm feeling pretty tired, chesty and generally weary.
The day was pretty clear, but cold with the temperature hovering around 1 degree.
The run up Musburry Heights was tougher than usual.
The view up the first climb
However the route into the next valley was pretty good and the further I ran the more comfortable I got.
The running here was good, the ground being frozen in most places.
Once round the first valley the run climbs up towards the Tor and again I found climbs pretty tough.
The run into the next valley was good with a final climb up to the trig on Bull Hill.
I got there in 48 mins which was quicker than I felt I was going.
After a minutes rest at the trig the return journey began.
Track from the trig towards Peel Tower
Pretty good in places.
Back at the chimney I stopped again to drink and at this point felt the energy in my legs leave me. If I'd have carried on rather than drink would this have happened I wonder.
Ran back through the woods over the reservoir still feeling tired.
Made the last climb and returned back to my starting point.

Garmin says 9.7 miles in 111 mins with 1335 ft of climbing using 1,147 cals.
Details in the graph below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -