Sunday 9 January 2011

A new watch on it's way

With the slow and steady demise of my trusty Polar HR watch, I have decided to treat myself to a new watch.
I have spent a while looking at a whole range of running watches that are available out there.
To be honest there are literally thousands to chose from.
From a purely personal view point, I want a watch that will tell me how far I have run (accurately) and how many feet I have climbed.
So ... I have ordered a Garmin Forerunner 305.
I looked at the new Garmin watches and I know the newer ones look better but, for what you get with the 305, that has to be the one for me.
Inbuilt GPS, tracks exact position, gives speed, avg speed, distance, height climbed, you can upload the route to Google Earth, heart rate monitor and if you run the same course, route again, you can run against a virtual partner, (you, last time you ran.)
The watch is due Tuesday, I'll be running Wednesday to see if what it says on the tin is what you get.
Hopefully I can accurately say how many miles and how many feet of climbing I'm doing in a week and it's another incentive to get out and run! Not that I need one at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -