Saturday 13 November 2010

Saturday 13th November - Wet and windy!

I had planned to run the FTOP (Full Tour of Pendle) today, but too many other things to do meant I had to have a change of plans.
I haven't checked any reports yet, but I'm guessing the weather was pretty bad!
Quite a bit of training had gone towards me racing the FTOP, but no training is wasted!
Had a pretty good run this afternoon - 10  miles over Ossy moors etc
Pretty cold 6 degrees and very wet and boggy!
Set off doing the standard run over and around Ossy Moors etc.
Felt great at the beginning which was good seeing as I tend to struggle with a hill right at the start.
Got to the bottom of the far hill in 17 minutes which is pretty quick, especially as the ground was very boggy.
Ran the hill pretty quick and ran round the back passed 13 stone hill.
At the far style I had a quick look around, I decided to take a detour and ran down the hill towards the M66 and the factories at the bottom. Found a route that took me around the old abandoned quarry.
Very boggy here - up to my knees in places!
Had a quick look around, turned around and ran back the way I came.
The run back up the hill was tough!
Followed the route round to the second hill I ran and back towards the Rossendale way junction.
Down the track, passed another abandoned quarry, crossed the road that leads to the new quarry and straight up the hill opposite! Didn't follow the path that runs round the hill, instead went straight up - tough!
Back down the way I came, back along the track, following the old Rossendale Way route, and back to the car.
Last 10 mins felt pretty tired which quite surprised me as I felt strong up until then.
Watch says - 83 mins, Avg HR 142, Max HR 161, Cals 935.
Try to get another run in tomorrow. If so I'll do the Musberry Heights side.

Click for a video of 'Geronimo' on Pendle!
This is 7 miles into the race, still with 10 miles to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -