Sunday 31 October 2010

October summary

The end of October is in sight.
November on its way - clocks have gone back = darker mornings and darker nights.
Runs at nights / evenings will now have to be road runs - (need to take care of knees)
These are not my favorite runs by any means but, are something that I will be doing.

October has been a really great month of running for me this year.
No races but I have run some amazing routes and runs that I have wanted to do for a long time - 15+ miles to Peel Tower and back for eg.
At the moment I feel like there isn't any run I know of that I can't do - Strong at the moment.
This last week I have run over 50 miles. Not too extreme but pretty good - 2 marathons in a week!
Besides the increase in miles that I have done this month I have and do at the moment feel fit and strong.
Runs at the moment are between 2 1/2 hours and 1 1/2 hours and at the end of them, I feel like I could run them again!
However with Winter approaching I need a slight change in plan with runs.

The Plan

Monday - Bike / Evening run
Tuesday - Badminton + BW exercises Pups, Sups and squats
Wednesday - 1hr football + Bike / Evening run
Thursday - Badminton + BW exercises Pups, Sups and squats
Friday - Bike / Evening run
Saturday - Either 8 ish miles or 15 ish miles + BW exercises Pups, Sups and squats
Sunday - Either 8 ish miles or 15 ish miles + BW exercises Pups, Sups and squats


Swap Saturday with Sunday runs as and when needed with one of them being a rest day again, as and when.
Evening runs will be done at a high tempo incorporating hills and distance - minimum 45 mins try to do 1 hr runs on nights out.
BW exercises are a must.
Well thats the plan - from tomorrow we'll see the results!
Note to self - Make the most of weekend runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -