Sunday 17 October 2010

Sunday 17th October

Met Nick and Dave at Clough Head Car Park at 1.00pm
Weather quite cold, but no breeze, very pleasant for running.
Set off pretty quick as I could only run for about 1 1/2 hours, too much work to do at home.
Felt great after the first mile, however going up Musberry Heights was pretty tough - first time in a long time that i've struggled for breath. Had a bit of a cold lately which has affected my asthma a bit.
Anyway, when we reached the Rosendale way, still panting quite a bit, but OK.
This section through Musberry valley is very runable.
The valley was very quiet today, still.
Waited a minute or so at the fields next to Tor Hill to make sure N and D knew where to go. Waited again at the top of Alden Valley, again to make sure they knew where to go.
Flew round the valley to the bottom of Bull Hill and straight to the top.
Reached the trig in 50 mins.
N and D were about two minutes behind, but they were going further out than me.
If I hadn't stopped to wait and show them the way, I reckon I could have got to the trig in 45 ish mins.
N and D carried on to Peel Tower, probably adding in another 5 miles! Pretty good going! I turned around and returned home.
Run home didn't seem anyway near as fast as the run out.
Watch says - 101 mins (1hr and 41 mins) Avg HR 153, Max HR 166, Cals 1303.
Seeing as it was about 53 mins before I set off again from the trig, I did the return in 48 mins!
Feel sure I could do the return in les than 45 mins, giving a total time of abot 90 mins, seems a lot to knock off - 10 mins, but hey we can all dream.
Next week plan to do a 20 mile run incorporating the above route, but including another section of the Rossendale way, out to Hog Low Pike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -