Wednesday 27 October 2010

Wednesday 27th October

Hameldon Hill fell race route.
This image of the route is done on Google Earth so not exact, but it is close ish to the real route.

Been and come back!
Basically out and uphill for 3 miles, then turn round at Hameldon Hill Trig and come back.
Tough run - set off from Peel Park Pub a bit too quick, up through the Coppice OK, but legs were heavy.
Particularly my right hamstring, pretty tight, need to stretch more this week.
Under the bridge for the dual carriageway and up towards the farm.
Moleside - a small hill, but tough to run!
Got to the top here and was really blowing!
Moors were pretty boggy today, pretty quick along the pathed section and up again towards the style at the bottom of Hameldon. Got here in 24 mins - pretty quick, but hard work.
Up and around Hameldon and back to the style in 35 mins.
Tried to push it coming back, but I was really beginning to feel my hamstring so eased off a bit.
Tough up the last climb to the top of the Coppice and back to the car park.
Felt more like a race than a run.
Watch says - 53 mins, Avg HR 145, Max HR 164, Cals 704
I reckon in next years race I can go under 50 mins - that's the aim anyway.
Just checked the times from last years race and 53 mins would have moved me up 20 places, I ran 54 mins in last years race.
Bike tonight and see if I can ease off my hamstring. 

Accrington from the Coppice
Hameldon Hill - And very boggy moorland!

Thursday night will be badminton for an hour, then maybe bike for an hour.
Might go for a gentle run Friday, rest Saturday and some hill work Sunday - Big Dipper on Oswaldtwistle moors I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -