Wednesday 25 May 2011

The past two weeks

Over the past two weeks it would be fair to say that I've done a bit of running (not a lot) but plenty of exercise.
The running I have done has been, for one of the first times enjoyable road and trail runs, not my typical fell runs.
The reason for this has been that when I've been running on roads and trails they have been with 'the girls.'
Both R and H have come up with a training regime for themselves.
Monday they bike, I run. Which in theory sounds OK and going uphill it is. They drop to low gears and I keep going. On the flat and downhill, gravity and wheels gives them a real opportunity to go quicker - which they do!
The upside for me is I run quicker to keep up with them.
Wednesdays we all run together, a kind of recovery run session of about 5 miles. Again I get the opportunity to run certain sections harder, go back to them and run them again.
In between times, 5 a side football Wednesdays, Badminton Tuesdays and Thursdays and at least 3 turbo sessions a week ensure I'm still fit ish.
From Friday we're off for a week so the plan is to get back out to the fells for some long sessions. A 20 miler is planned for Wednesday next week. That will let me know how my running has been affected or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -