Thursday 5 May 2011

Great video

A friend emailed this link over.
It's Ricky Lightfoot, a top fell runner vs a top downhill mountain bike racer.
A great little video - click the link and enjoy!

Click here

Tonight after a badminton run around for an hour I jumped back on the bike and did 40 minutes turbo.
Now, I've not done any turbo for a few weeks and ... it showed!
I set the tension at 30 out of 50 as I normally do, but because I've not done any for a while I found it hard work!
In the first few minutes my revs were at 80 (just). 5 minutes later I was at 83 (just) and so it went on. After 15 minutes my legs were tired, but I upped the revs to 90.
After 20 minutes I was at 90 revs, but it was hard work. This carried on for 40  minutes in total.
Hard work, but after it was over OK.
When you think I was doing 40  minutes easy with the tension at 30 then increasing the tension to 40 and 50 and still finding it OK it just shows that if you want to be good at something you need to keep doing it.
Note to self - More turbo needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -