Sunday 29 May 2011

Running again - or something like!

Saturday night.
35 mins of Turbo! First exercise for about a week.
Felt surprisingly OK.

Sunday Morning.
After a week of sickness today was my first attempt at something like a meaningful run.
Met Nick at 7.45am at Clough Head Car Park.
Nick has benn steadily increasing his runs over the last few weeks, and so wanted a 'steady' run.
This suited me down to the ground.
Set off at a steady pace - something like 10 - 11 minute a mile.
The initial route wasn't too hilly so was OK.
We headed up along the Rossendale Way into the wood above the reservoir.
The run along the top of the res was good.
We then headed up 'the climb' - only about 300ft, but, steep, boggy and lots of wet slippy rock.
One of my favourite little climbs around.
Not long ago I was able to really run this climb - decided to try that today and hey I still could.
Surprised me there.
Rest of the climb was good, no side effects, no real sluggishness.
Mainly just a feeling of ' It's good to be back out here!'

Not sure how long we were out, and don't care, but about 6 miles of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -