Friday 29 April 2011

A short week - wb 25th April

After a couple of weeks off it was back to work Tuesday - as always it's like you've never been away.
Had two good weeks running, clocking up about 50 miles running each week, including other exercise.
Monday was a great 8 mile run with Nick, 5 climbs and 1400ft.
Tuesday - Badminton for an hour.
Wednesday - 5 a side football for an hour, then a 3 mile run with the girls.
Thursday - Badminton for an hour.

Now the fell racing scene is up and running with gusto. I'm not really one for 'Fell races' as such. I do enjoy the running out there, exploring, seeing how far I can get, how many climbs etc. I prefer that to racing. On the 1st of May however is a local race - Great Hameldon Hill, 6 miles and 1100ft. This is one of the few races that I tend to do each year. At present my hamstrings are a tad sore and I'd thought about giving the race a miss, but, I do think I'll be there. It will be interesting, because it is a route we run quite regularly as training runs.
The course record is 36.12 set by Rob Hope in 2004! Now that's fast.
If I can get round in under 54 minutes, my time 2 years ago, that should put me about 1/2 way, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -