Sunday 17 April 2011

Saturday 16th April

Another run - 4 out of 5 ain't bad!
Set off from Clough Head Car Park at 3.00pm.
There was a want to run, but a desire to get back for the football - FA Cup Semi City V the others.
A steady run was the order for the day - calfs were and still are sore at the moment, particularly the right one which travels down to my achilles, one to watch.
Took the normal route out to 13 stone hill and then took the route out along the Rossendale Way. It's been a few years since I last took this route and I wanted to double check I knew my way in along.
After a mile or so I noticed a path into the middle of no where so ... I took it.
Tough running, tussocky grass and very boggy in places. This was getting meno where fast, so I re traced my route and carried on.
I followed the normal / usual route from this point, deviating to take in Troy quary ( met a couple of climbers) then took the drag back out.



The run out from the quarry can be a tough run at this section, but today very enjoyable.
Took the normal route home - just over 7 miles in 70 minutes and 1300 ft of climbing.

Long run, new route planned for Monday pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -