Saturday 19 March 2011

WB 14th March - A strange week for running

It's been a difficult week for running.
Work is busy with some long hours this week and with family members in hospital it's beed difficult to get quality time to exercise, but, I did manage some.

Monday - 51 minutes of tough turbo. 5 minutes with the tension at 30 out of 50 with revs at 80+, then upped the tension to 40 out of 50 for 5 minutes with the revs still at 80 +, then back down to tension 30 and continued, all the time gradually increasing the revs until I was at 100+. A really good session.
Tuesday - Work = Rest day
Wednesday - 5 a side football, lots of quick running.
Thursday - Badminton for 1 hr. Pretty quick sharp running.
Friday - Rest day
Saturday - Long ish run (10 miles) to Pilgrims cross and back. Felt quite good for most of the run. Felt like I was going pretty well, but still within myself. Completed 10 miles in 1hr 46 mins using 1200 cals and climbing 1,300ft. When I checked this against a previous run to Pilgrims Cross it turns out I was 20 minutes quicker today! That is a massive increase in time. But lets not get too carried away. Last time I ran this I was with Nick and Dave and it was a lot more of a social run. However 20 minutes!
PM - Turbo
Sunday - Try to get a run in, but hospital visiting. No run managed but 40 minutes turbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -