Saturday 19 March 2011

Pilgrims cross run - Saturday 18th March

So, this was today's goal.
A 10 mile run to try and generate a few more miles this week.
After a hectic week I wasn't really looking forward to a big run today, but forced myself out of the door anyway.
When I arrived at the start point, the weather was supposed to be bright and verging upon the warm. However in reality was cold and overcast.
The initial mile felt steady, taking me to the bottom of Musberry Heights.
The climb felt quite tough and I wondered how the rest of the run would go.
The run through the valley was good and at 2 miles, the clouds disappeared and the sun came out!
I passed a couple of walkers, scaring them half to death on a narrow track - made me giggle!
The run up to the bottom of Tor Hill was good, felt easy.
The climb up to the next valley was good and the run through the valley was pretty quick.
I got to the bottom of Bull HIll in 40 minutes which for this run was pretty quick.
From this point it's a long drag up hill to Pilgrims cross.
I took a wrong turn at one point which left me with a steep climb.
I got to Pilgrims cross in 55 minutes, this is at the 5 mile point.
My best time to Bull hill, 4.5 miles is 57 minutes, so I was going pretty well.
A minutes rest here and the return leg.
I decided to push hard at some points to see how quick a time I could do.
On the run into the valley I took a wrong turn again and it took me a while to get my bearings again, maybe lost a couple of minutes here.
When back on track the rest of the run was good.
I had in my mind that my best time was 1 hr 53 minutes, so went hard to get under this.
The very last climb was very tough.
I got back to the car, stopping the clock in 1hr 46 minutes.
On checking past data, my best time for this run was 2 hrs 6 minutes on a 'social' run with Nick and Dave.
That works out at 2 minutes a mile quicker over 10  miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -