Saturday 12 March 2011

Saturday 12th March - 10 miler

Been a busy couple of weeks at work and home, so I've found it difficult to get out and run, hence the recent high number of turbo sessions. In a strange kind of way I've quite enjoyed these, but it's nothing like getting out and running the hills!
Set off at around 1.30pm. Thought I would run out to either Peel Tower or Pilgrims cross.
That was the plan. So the route took me out past Calf Hay reservoir, then up and over Musberry Heights.
I recently started with a bit of a cold, this combined with asthma meant I spent the first 5 miles of the run coughing! Literally a 'chuffin' pain!
Even with the problem of constant coughing I managed to get into a pretty good rhythm.
Made my way around the valley and up towards the top of the valley, in line with the Tor.
Followed the path out towards the next valley.
At this point, the clouds closed in and the rain came down.
I decided to head back the way I came rather than run further from home into the rain.
The run back through the valley still had me coughing.
Got back to Musberry Heights and continued along the footpath, rather than head home.
I took the route upwards.
It's a tough little climb that brings you out looking at Hog Lowe Pike.
At this point I'd stopped coughing (hurrahhh) but my hamstrings were quite tight and getting tighter.
This was probably through so much turbo, shortening the hamstrings.
I decided to head up towards Hog Lowe Pike, the run up was good.
The run off however was incredibly wet, thoroughly boggy!
After the boggy run I headed off the hill and back towards civilization.
I took the long way round to get back to the car, to add in the extra miles.
10 miles of running over, up and down very boggy ground, 5 of which were coughing miles, 5 of which were tight hamstrings, 1300 ft of climbing in 107 minutes having used 1100 calories.
It was good to be out running again.
The big thing for me today was, I need to stretch more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -