Friday 29 July 2011

I'm back!!

Well what a few hectic, at times mind numbing at others emotional roller coaster weeks they were!

Work was mad the last couple of weeks, so running was virtually a no go.
The death of my mum in June was a sudden and very sad affair that required a lot of travelling and sorting out.
But I'm back.
No work now for 6 whole weeks
I'd still tried to keep in shape, but running wasn't really happening and I'd begin to wonder / worry if i'd really enjoy running again - well I have and I do!
I met Nick and Dave at Peel Park Pub on Tuesday afternoon, we chatted for a bit and set off.
The first 1.5 miles are nearly all up hill, I was expecting a tough run, but got to the top of the 'Coppice' quicker than I ever had previously! and ... felt OK.
So the run continued. It was a case of me running off, trotting back to them, running off again!
It wasn't easy, but it was great!
6 miles, 1100 ft of climbing in about 56 minutes - not too shabby

pm - Badminton for 60 minutes - still fast and furious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -