Friday 1 July 2011

Hameldon

I had that need to run last weekend.
The need not from fitness, not from a desire from my legs to run and run, but just a need to get out.
I decided to run around Hameldon Hill.
I set off not knowing exactly where, how far, just to run.
The first few miles of the route are always uphill.
During this run I was finding it particularly tough.
I'd tweeked my hamstring on Thursday and as I ran, it got tighter and tighter.
Whether this affected my running style or not I don't know, but two miles out I was sore. At four miles, my hip was painful.
I wasn't really aware of where I was until I came to the radio station on the moors.
At this point I turned around and headed home.
At six miles the pain was worse.
After eight miles, the pain was no worse, but I felt drained.
This is the first time I have felt that bad on a run for at least two years!
Tired, achey and in pain.
But ... I got through it.

Sunday I'm out to run part of the same route again,  but intend to add a few more miles on, we'll see how we get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -