Monday 19 December 2011

First snowy run in ages!

On Saturday morning, Nick and I set off at 8.30am for the first snow run we've had probably since this time last year. Over the last few months we've had lots and lots of rain. Because of this, the water table level is really  really high at the moment and the ground is completely saturated. Hence the run was wet, boggy and tough to run on, at times through!!
Anyway, steady. The run was one of those that I had been thinking of doing for some time. The run included road, trail and fell with plenty of climbing. The first 40 minutes were totally up hill.
I do enjoy runs that I haven't run before.
I'd checked the run out on the OS map and worked it out to be about 10 miles.
10 miles really isn't too difficult to get round, but 10 miles through snow and bog definitely took its toll.
On returning home the watch showed we hand run 12 miles and climbed around 1,800 ft.
A great run, felt pretty good, but a lot tougher than I imagined.


Fantastic views, but tough to get through - I suspect there will be a few more of these runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -