Tuesday 30 August 2011

Back in dear old blighty

Having spent a week in Gosport (Portsmouth) and 10 days in Spain it was great to get out on the fells to run again.
Met up with Martin at 9.00am and headed up to the old hunting ground that is Great Hameldon Hill.
I haven't run with Martin for quite a long time and it was good to do so again - he once ran the Hameldon Hill race in 44 minutes! Today that would get him in the to 10!
We had a steady run out to the bottom of Hameldon, I continued along the race route, Martin went the less boggy way, I ended up in a bog up to my thighs, Martin was spotless!
Good job I've missed the mud and the bogs!
Enjoyed the climb to the trig, which was quite tough - not done any hills for a month!
Therun off was steady, quick ish in places.
Thoroughly enjoyed my holidays, but I love running the hills, fells and moorland! - It's good to be home!
6 miles in 60 mns.
The trig on top of Great Hameldon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -