Tuesday 22 November 2011

Training so far ...

Training has been ticking steadily over.
Most days have involved training of one form or another.
At times I have doubled up sessions given the opportunity.
At weekends I've tried to get a good run in with Nick in the morning and then at night, spend anything between 40 minutes and 60 minutes doing turbo training on the exercise bike.
In between these sessions I've done quite a bit of body weight and dumb bell weights.
I've also tried to do squats on a daily basis - These are in minimum sets of 30, maximum sets of 50, completing anything between 200 and 500 a night. I was reading an article from one of the older body builders who said he did squats daily and found it had a big impact, not just on leg strength as you would expect, but core strength and running up hill.
Having done these higher impact sessions now for a couple of weeks, I am definitely stronger running up hills. I feel that I can run a lot further at the moment with less effort - a good feeling!
However, I do feel more tired than usual.
This is probably due to three weeks of more intense training without really having a day off.
I think I'll continue training this way until after the weekend, then look to take a few days off, the body needs time to recover before I get some form of injury.
It has been a good few weeks of intense training and the results in improved performance and feeling generally stronger in all areas are great.
A few days off and back to it again.
Looking forward to a good run this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -