Friday 14 October 2011

Weekly review 9th Oct - 14th Oct

Overall a good week and as Michael Buble would say ... I'm feeling good!
Sunday 9th - A steady hill session. Nothing too strenuous but tough enough to leave me with aching legs and a need for a lie down in a dark room. I'm lucky in the fact that I live 1/2 way up a mile long hill, that's pretty steep, so lacking the time to be able to put in a decent long ish run I decided on a hill session.
Monday 10th - Monday was a great session. I had planned on doing a turbo session. With the nights getting darker quicker and work being very busy I had already planned the turbo session, but that ended up as a turbo session with a twist, more like step! 50 minutes of turbo, increasing the tension every 5 minutes, whilst keeping the revs between 90 and 105 rpm. Then when I'd reached tension 40 reducing the tension by 5 down to 25 - repeat.
After 50 minutes I staggered to the stepper for a 20 minute burst. My previous record was 880 steps in 20 minutes with the tension at 2. After 5 minutes my head was telling me stop. After 10 minutes my head and legs were telling me to stop. However I knew I was going well. The last 10 minutes were tough, but pacey! 20 minutes of stepper and a new record, 940 steps in 20 minutes, 60 more than my previous record.
Tuesday 11th - Badminton for an hour, fast and furious, short sharp movements, on toes at all times - good fun.
Wednesday 12th - Turbo for 50 minutes. Same format as Monday.
Thursday 13th - Badminton for an hour. Again fast and furious, but a lot more running. It felt very much like a good well done speed session.
Friday 14th - A repeat of the session on Monday of turbo and stepper is planned for this evening.

Ongoing - plenty of body weight exercises, 200 squats, 200 sit ups and 200 press ups as a minimum daily.
I've also been throwing the dumbbells around a fair bit the last few weeks.

A good run is planned for tomorrow, well a good run in that I'll be running, quite where yet I haven't decided. Maybe out to Turton res, or Peel tower both runs are around 15 miles - I'll sleep on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -