Sunday 18 September 2011

Run run and run somemore

A good weekend of running.
On Saturday afternoon I met Nick on the Grane Rd.
We had no real idea where we were going, how far or for how long.
At times I like these types of sessions - no pressure, we just run!
Away we went over the moors, towards the Rossendale way, before doubling back into the woods above the reservoirs.
The weather was very wet to state the least - It poured down!
As I was running I was wondering if I enjoyed running in the rain - only a few weeks ago I was running in Spain it temperatures of 100+ degrees.
After 5 minutes the answer was well and truly YES and not just running in the rain, just running.
We headed along the way above the reservoir. I set off quick ish - the plan I would run the mile route twice, Nick once and I would see how close I could get to Nick. I ended up running 1 and a half of the route, knowing I couldn't realistically get close to Nick, me running 2 miles, Nick 1.
However with me running 1.5 miles and Nick 1 I got to within 10 seconds of him!
Pushed hard, tired, but legs were good, it was a lack of breathing that was tough, I put this down to not enough running recently.
We carried on, covering 7 miles in about 1 hour and 15 mins.

Saturday evening we all embarked on a 5 mile walk - Towards the end of the run underneath my foot was sore. Never had that pain before, hurt lots when walking.

Sunday - 9 mile run, whilst the rest ride bikes!
Friends of ours are able to get their hands on a number of bikes, so today, Sunday, the family and friends went for a bike ride. The route was from Preston out to the river Ribble which we followed for 4.5 miles until we got to a floating centre with coffee shop, cakes and ice cream!
The floating coffee shop etc at Brockhall

As I said, they rode bikes, I ran as our youngest (just turned 7 isn't brilliant on mountain bikes.)
The route was undulating, but very pleasant!
After 4.5 miles I was ready for my ice cream!
On the way back we stopped off on a great playground, had a quick 5 minutes of fun and headed back.
The run back seemed much quicker.

All in all a great weekend!
About 16 miles of running and 5+ miles walking - all in 27 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here -